Great Holiday Gift Ideas for Your Clients
As Christmas rolls around once again, you may find yourself eager to show your appreciation to your tried-and-true clients. Showing this appreciation by presenting them with gifts doesn’t have to eat up your December tips. To ensure that your gift-giving doesn’t leave you without holiday money to spend, select some affordable yet thoughtful presents for your clients.
1) As a stylist, giving your clients hair accessories is the perfect way to go if you know the types of hair accessories they typically use. For example, if one of your clients always shows up to her appointment with her hair in a ponytail, buy her several jewelry ponytail wraps that she can use to jazz up this simple look. Hairbands, hair scarves and clips are also useful gifts.
2) Delight your clients with some product samples that they can try out. Create a sample pack for each of your clients, filling the gift bags with travel-sized versions of products you offer in your salon, which you can likely obtain for free.
3) Give your clients musical gifts that they can put to use when styling their hair at home. Create mixed CDs, featuring tunes that you regularly play in your salon. Craft labels for the CDs with your name along with a listing of the tunes. Pair the CDs with notes telling your clients to pop the CDs in the next time they set about doing their hair to make the process potentially a bit less tedious.
4) Notes/Magnets with a Gratitude Quote. Find an appropriate quote and (more ideas here) to personalize post-it notes, notepads, or magnets.
5) You might also present a client with a useful gift that she can display on her desk or in her home. Buy her a photo frame in wood or metal. Replace the image that comes with a frame with a note in which you promise to always keep her looking “picture perfect” or “ready for her closeup.”
6) Give a client the gift of some free service by presenting her with a gift certificate. Create a certificate for an entirely free hair appointment, or offer her just a portion of your service for free, such as giving her a certificate for a free highlighting with the purchase of a cut. Because this certificate won’t cost you a thing until redemption, you won’t have to put out a lot of money upfront. An alternative to hair services is to give your clients gift certificates to a local gourmet coffee shop.
7) Foot Soak in a Bottle. Package Epsom salt and sea salt in a clear bottle. Add lemon or orange rind, mint, eucalyptus, lavender, or tea leaves with a favorite scent. Cork the bottle and add a note giving instructions to pour into water and relax.
8) Paraffin with Massage. Sometimes you just can’t afford to gift clients, no matter how good your intentions. If money is tight, offer to wrap clients’ hands in paraffin or moisturizing lotion, and give her a free hand massage with her service.
Whenever possible, be sure to brand your gifts with your contact information to keep your clients thinking of you throughout the holiday season. Giving even a simple gift will make your clients feel special and appreciated with warm holiday cheer from their favorite beauty professional.
Happy Holidays from all of us at Image Studios 360!